Tuesday, February 12, 2013

12FEB13

So, now it's Tuesday, and Scott is still in Germany. Delayed yet again. We've Skyped several times today, but there's nothing new, really. They are not giving him any answers regarding exactly WHEN they'll ship him. Meanwhile, they are still on lock-down, unable to leave the airport at all. Yes, they can go to the USO, watch TV, use the computers, etc...and sleep in the cots...but all these delays.

Now of course, there's no way he'll see a doc on Wednesday. I had hoped that IF he had to stay stateside, he would be released to come home in time for the weekend. Still praying for miraculous healing, and if not, for the doc to say he can go back downrange.

Sounds silly, doesn't it? For a wife to pray that her husband will go back into a dangerous territory...to war...

But you need to go back and read my first post. This has been what Scott has planned for and wanted for a LONG time. No, I DON'T want to be separated from my husband anymore. NO, I don't want him in harm's way, in danger. But I do want him to succeed in what he has set as a goal. Too many times, he has had his hopes dashed. This was the one sure thing. And it's not so sure anymore.

But see, here's the thing. He's still part of the 101st. So...if he's cleared for light duty, he'll likely have to go back to Ft. Campbell. Do I want THAT? Heck no. But if it will enable him to deploy as soon as his eye heals, then that's what we'll need to do. We'll take advantage of his being stateside and go visit like we'd done before deployment. And then, his eye will heal, he'll be cleared to go, and he'll go and accomplish what he set out to do. I am an Army Wife...I am resilient, I can handle this. Military Families go through this and so much more.

I don't even want to think about what else could happen. Scott's worn out. He's feeling down. And sometimes he wants to give up. He's got 20 years in, he can retire. But I know he's not ready to do that yet, even if he feels defeated and thinks it best. But in the end, I'm praying for God's will in all of this, as I have been doing since the crazy deployment began.

It's only 4:40 p.m. here, so I don't know if I'll hear back from Scott tonight or not. I'm hoping I will soon, but if not, I'm sure I'll hear something tomorrow. If I get any updates about his flight, I'll post again.

ILY24752

No comments:

Post a Comment